The Sundance Stompede!
November 9–12, 2023
We are looking forward to welcoming you to San Francisco for four nights of incredible dance parties, three days of equally amazing dance workshops for all skill levels, and much more! You do not want to miss this year's edition of the Sundance Stompede.
Advance registration is now open. Register early to receive the early-bird rate and to guarantee your hotel reservation at the Stompede group rate. While the Stompede is focused on serving the LGBT+ community, we welcome everyone (21+) with open arms, as long as you don't care who dances with whom. We do not expect to have any vax or mask requirements this year.
Sign up for our Stompede News emails to get the latest information delivered to your inbox.
Advance Registration Is Open
$149 through July 31, 2023
Register in advance for the 2023 Sundance Stompede. One low fee will admit you to all events* through the weekend, including four nights of dancing, three days of dance workshops, and numerous social events – only $149 if you register by July 31, 2023. (*There is an additional charge for premium workshops.)
Consider supporting the Stompede and its beneficiaries by making an additional donation as a host sponsor. Last year over one out of three registrants supported the Stompede in this way.
Golden Gateway Holiday Inn
1500 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco
We're happy to return to the Golden Gateway Holiday Inn. The room rate is currently set at $229 per night for 2 persons. We love this hotel for its comfort, friendliness, and familiarity.
Hotel reservations are reserved for registrants of the Stompede. You can book your hotel room at the same time you register. Or check your registration confirmation email for details.
The Sundance Stompede is at its heart a fundraising event, and 100% of net proceeds go to its beneficiaries. This year we are proud to support four organizations:
- National Center for Lesbian Rights – Advances the civil and human rights of LGBT people through litigation, public policy advocacy, and public education.
- Trans Lifeline – A grassroots hotline and microgrants organization offering emotional and financial support to trans people in crisis, run by and for trans people.
- PRC – provides integrated legal, social, and health services for over 5,000 clients per year affected by HIV/AIDS, substance use, or mental health issues.
- The Sundance Association – provides country-western dancing for the LGBT+ community, with the goal of creating an inclusive and welcoming community.
Sundance Saloon's 25th Year
Sundance Saloon San Francisco celebrates 25 years of two-stepping and line dancing this year! We hope you'll visit us any time of the year, but here are some special events to consider:
- Sundance Saloon 25th Anniversary Party • April 16, 2023. This is going to be a big one!
- San Francisco Pride weekend • June 24–25, 2023. We are planning a big Saturday night dance at the Bayview Opera House, followed by dancing all day Sunday at the Civic Center SF Pride Festival.
- Castro Street Fair • October 1, 2023. A very special day of outdoor dancing at this LGBT-focused street fair.
Stay tuned for more details at https://sundancesaloon.org.
The Final Stompede
It is with heavy hearts that we share with you the news that this year's Sundance Stompede will be the last, at least in its current form. Starting with the first Saturday night Hoedown benefit event in 1997, it's been an incredible journey. We're so proud of all that the Stompede has achieved, and to all of you who helped us create this exceptionally wonderful global community.
We invite everyone to make a special effort to join us this year, so we can all celebrate and dance with our Stompede community one more time. Together we'll make this the grandest and most memorable Stompede ever.